fot

Re: Walter Mitty - Atlanta April '05

To: <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Walter Mitty - Atlanta April '05
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:45:02 -0500
At 10:56 AM 11/18/2004 -0500, Richard Taylor wrote:

>I apologize for having to lay all this out to you so early but these MG
>types are simply beyond belief. If they weren't so damn likable it would be
>easy to do just like we always do. You know, just figure it out when you get
>to the track.

The success of the MGVR is quite evident. At their focus event in '04 at
the Glen, I was trying to get to sleep in my RV at the track but their
public address system was quite loud as they were conducting a meeting with
the 150 drivers and families in attendance. They were giving awards,
speeches and who-knows-what until about 10:30 Saturday evening. From the
commitment of their leaders to the sheer numbers they attract to events,
the whole MGVR scene is amazing.

Richard, did the MGVR guys give any indication of how many MG racers have
committed to this event?

>  And for any of you anti-social cranks like me,

Hmmm, I wonder who Richard is talking about??   ;-)