fot

New Member Nonination

To: "FOT" <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New Member Nonination
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:30:27 -0500
FOT

I'd like to nominate Ed Woods to our membership.

Some background on Ed.
Ed is one of the founders of the Western Pennsylvania Triumph Association
which dates back to 1977 or 78. He is one of the supporters of the WPTA Racers
Tent and Hospitality Suite that we started back in 2002 at Mid-Ohio.
While not a racer he is one good tuner and rebuilder of all things British and
especially Triumph. For many years he has been the go to guy for rebuilt
Overdrive Transmissions within our club as well as the far reaches of Triumph
owners nationwide.
His personal stable of British cars has grown and retracted over the years and
now consists of a TR3A, MG TF, MGB and AH Bugeye Sprite. He's in the process
of building a TR3A that a restoration had started on 20 years ago but like so
many went dormant. I know of at least 3 other dormant restorations that he's
brought back to life as well. There are many more that I've forgotten to
mention.
Oh and for the few who know him, he is FOG 1. And his wife is as Henry says a
member of the LSW club.

Can we get a second and have him added to our list? His e-mail is Ed Woods
fogbro1@comcast.net .

Thanks group.

Jerry Van Vlack