fot

RE: TR Related, Final Project, Exhaust Headers

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: TR Related, Final Project, Exhaust Headers
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 11:32:32 -0600
Arcane exhaust info, to get us off the brand name kick:

I have tried several configurations of exhaust system (race car) on the
chassis dyno, and here are the results, in order of increasing horsepower:

No exh pipe at all - just the header plus one foot (to satisfy curiosity)

2-1/2" exh to rear of car, with muffler

2-1/2" pipe, 42" long

2-1/2" pipe, 57 " long - this ends just in front of rear axle. Kicks up too
much dust in the paddock.

2-1/2" pipe through the crossmember, and then 3" pipe to rear of car.
Highest hp. Not too practical for the street, though. makes a great noise
and is highly entertaining to the guy with the decibel meter.

Hey guys, have I got a deal for you. I currently have a merge collector on
my car, and I also have the collector that came with the header on my
shelf. I don't know which one makes the most hp, so I've been wanting to
try both on a chassis dyno on the same day. Lots of work. If you guys will
pay $100 of my dyno fee, I'll answer the question quantatively. (yeah,
right :))