fot

"Ian Cowie": Sptty for sale

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: "Ian Cowie": Sptty for sale
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@Autox.Team.Net>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:26:54 -0700
I think this was meant to be sent to fot@autox.team.net and not just me.

mjb.
----

------- Forwarded Message

     Subject: Sptty for sale
     Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 15:44:05 +1100
     From: "Ian Cowie" <ian@acohs.com.au>

Hi all,

I am selling my Sptifire Mkiii prod sports car (Australian CAMS Historic
Group Sb: produstion sports cars). Reason being I have too many and cant
race em all at once. And I also bought an ex Bathurst 1000 (1979)
Dolomite Sprint to add to my plight, so she who must be obeyed has put
the foot down and planted it rather firmly.

We started the car (Chris Swingler FOT member and former Grp44 TR7
owner) sometime in 2000 and have continued to develop it into a
serioisly quick production sports car. The only difference between it
and a road car is the tires, and the Webers really, Fix up the interor
with some road seats and some door linings, a new window and it could be
road going.

There is a lot of work gone into the engine and head devlopement as well
as suspension sorting with TR8 one piece axles, and bigger U/J. On its
last outing which was to bed in some new JE pistons rings/bearings, with
redline down to 6500 she still ran  2.05 at Phillip Island GP Circuit.

Last engine dyno test showed almost 130 HP and 100plus lb/ft torque. We
run a 4 speed close ratio GB and 3.67 diff. Had a 4.11 but find the 3.11
is just perfect with the torque we have.

No expense has been spared and while it is not a 'hot rod' it will beat
almost any six, dollie or TR7-Sprint. In fact a 240Z will have trouble
with it.

I am asking 20K Oz for the car, which given i have receipts for over 50k
is agood deal for anyone interested. You can see a slide show at the
following website (go to 'used cars' and look up triumph) or contact me
off line at this addy.

Ian Cowie
TSOA/VHRR/Grp C Assoc.

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/