fot

RE: TR4 rocker ratio

To: "'Bill Babcock'" <BillB@bnj.com>, <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR4 rocker ratio
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:47:56 -0800
Bill,

When I was doing the clutch plumbing for my TR6, the tech guy at Earl's was
insistent that I use AN-4 hose and larger ID steel pipe (than the brakes)
for the clutch.  I did and have had no problems.  Looking at the plastic
flex hose that a stock TR6 uses, it is a fairly large ID, certainly larger
than AN-3.  My father races a Jag and is having recurring problems with his
clutch hydraulics.  When I was last out helping him in December, I did a
check of his setup.  I noticed several of things that I suggested he change.
I noticed that he is using an AN-3 hose and small diameter brake pipe,
changing it to AN-4/larger ID pipe were two of my suggestions.

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6