fot

Re: Carbs for Vintage Racing TR250

To: "Chuck Arnold" <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>, "FOT" <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Carbs for Vintage Racing TR250
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:45:49 -0600
You could try the "logic" we used in CVAR. The 1972 SCCA rules allow fuel
injection, meaning 6 barrels. Webers use 6 barrels. Our carb rule allows us
to switch size up and down as long as we stay with the brand. Thus the MGB's
have up to 2" SU's. We talked them into a waiver for the TR6 engine to allow
the Webers based on the number of barrels and unavailability of parts for
the PI setup here in the states. We had a TR6 guy building a car but he
moved to Wyoming, and we still have a TR6 based TVR2500 with trip web's in
CVAR.
Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com