fot

RE: Quick Ration Steering Racks

To: Ed Diehl <mediehljr@yahoo.com>, Herald948@aol.com, walt@hot-tr6.com,
Subject: RE: Quick Ration Steering Racks
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:32:44 -0800
Bumpsteer could go either way with a shorter rack. It's zero when the end of
the rack intercepts a line drawn through the inside suspension pivots, the
end of the steering arm intercepts the line drawn through the outer
suspension pivots, and an imaginary line drawn through the steering link
intercepts the intersection of imaginary lines drawn through the suspension
arms. Shortening the rack can move the rack ends further out of the plane of
the suspension ends and change the angle of the links for the worse. You
won't know until you either model it or measure it.

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins