fot

Speaking of motorcycles....Barber Motorsports Park

To: BillB@bnj.com, quicktr4@comcast.net, fot@autox.team.net, mikee@ragtops.com
Subject: Speaking of motorcycles....Barber Motorsports Park
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:46:08 EST
FoTers, Tony and Jack Drews just returned from a magical motorhead odyssey
that included a stop at Barber Motorsports Park. Impressive!

The Barber Motorcycle Museum is an awesome place for George Barber to display
his collection. The Director and Curator of the museum, quickly noting that
were quality yankee gentlemen, decided that we should see the 'off limits'
inner sanctum of the restoration floor.  There were machine tools and equipment
that a factory manager would salivate over. Antiseptic benches and tools,
making
you wonder if they were ever used.  Stories of barn finds and birthday
parties with John Surtees abounded.

Later, we saw the Curator talking to older rather elegant looking gentleman,
not unlike Jack and me, and he approached us, introducing himself as "George".
After more conversation, we departed with an invitation to return and to seek
him out for a personal track tour.     Dont think I wont.

If Vintage Racing makes another appearance there, it is a must do.