fot

Re: Braided Steel lines - best method/tools for cutting?

To: "Scott Janzen" <s.janzen@comcast.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Braided Steel lines - best method/tools for cutting?
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 21:19:55 -0600
Aeroquip has come out with a new hose and fitting system. It is rubber -
teflon - silicone type construction. It does not have the stainless braided
covering so you don't have to deal with the problem. Specs from Aeroquip
indicate that its performance is equal to the braided lines, and I have
friends who have plumbed their entire race cars with it and I've started
using it myself. Ask your parts supplier about it. One of the nicer things
about it is both the hose and the fittings cost about half the traditional
braided stainless covered system.

At 08:36 PM 3/4/2005, Scott Janzen wrote:
>I'm getting ready to fabricate the external oiling system for my GT 6.
>Every time in the past that I've prepped one of those lines to accept the
>fitting, wrapping it with tape and cutting the braided mesh with a hacksaw,
>I've been convinced that there has got to be a better way that I don't know
>(yet).
>
>does anyone have any recommendations?

uncle jack