fot

Re: cam timing

To: jaboruch@netzero.com, cartravel@pobox.com
Subject: Re: cam timing
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 22:36:56 EST
In a message dated 3/6/05 11:37:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jaboruch@netzero.com writes:

<< I used telescoping magnets to lift the lifters up and clothespins to hold
the magnets up.  I had the pan off and watched from underneath until the
lifter was up out of the way, while a buddy lifted and pinned them.  We did
pull
one up too far out of the bore, but fortunately were able to get it back in.
Take it slow and easy and it works good.
 Joe(B)

I assisted an in car cam change back in the 60s.  The US Air mechanic lifted
up the cam followers and had me squeezing half of the push rods to hold them
up, and had the car owner squeezing the other half of the push rods.  He then
wiggled in the cam.

Years later, I had the head off of my engine (in the car), and was trying to
make a race the next day.  After I had the head installed, I pulled out one of
the push rods for some reason.  The cam follower stuck to the push rod and
came up out of the bore.  I either wasn't as lucky or as skilled.  Off came the
head again.