fot

RE: Spitfire heads

To: "'EDWARD BARNARD'" <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>,
Subject: RE: Spitfire heads
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 21:16:18 -0700
Ed,

I thought that number sounded familiar.  So I looked at all the heads I
have in my stash but none of them matched the heads I have on the shelf.

So I raised the bonnet on my Red Mk1 and sure enough there it is.  That
head is the large valve one that came off a 1500 for only one or
possible 2 years in the mid 70's.

I used it on the race prepared Mk3 engine that I had in my autocross car
until I upgraded it to the Honda S2000 engine.  After that it sat in my
shop until I decided to sold the 1500 engine from the red car and I
installed it as a replacement.  I wasn't satisfied with the twin HS2
SU's so I fuel injected it.  The head works very well in this
configuration.  It is ported, polished and flowed as well as having
Iskenderian dual valve springs and a set of Ted Schumacher's roller
rockers.

Here's a link:  http://members.cox.net/spitlist/EFI.htm

Regards,
Joe

P.S.  To use this head with a Mk3 engine, it has to be shaved a
looooooot!