fot

export to China

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: export to China
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:57:30 EST
In a message dated 3/16/05 2:22:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:17:53 -0800
> From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
> Subject: RE: San Diego question
>
> You've hit the nail on the head. The checkpoint that is ostensibly to catch
> immigrations scofflaws near camp Pendleton is actually an LBC filter.
> Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, upper end VW, anything Italian, and luxury Japanese
> are quite welcome, Bentley and RR of course, new minis get the IRAB waiver
> (it's really a BMW) but LBCs are stopped at the checkpoint. Drivers may
> proceed on foot but the cars are removed promptly to the nearby Tank and
> Armored Vehicle testing range where they are converted to scrap metal for
> export to China.
>

> Bill Babcock
> Babcock & Jenkins

Good point, with the value of scrap steel these days, we should keep our cars
secure, as they are finally becoming worth stealing/steeling again.

After all, they contain roughly three times the amount of steel of a modern
SUV, and to boot, it's pre-rusted !!!

Leon