fot

Project Pulley

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Project Pulley
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:51:44 EST
In a message dated 3/28/05 2:28:31 AM Pacific Standard Time,
triumph_marx@freenet.de writes:

<< I don't have #4 overheating and I agree with the stock radiator won't
stand pressures above 5PSI for a long time. >>

Back in the late 60s and early 70s, the favorite trick was to cut thick "O"
rings out of rubber gasket material using round cutters that you would hit with
a hammer.  We would then shim the radiator caps to prevent them from lifting.
 It is hard to tell how much pressure we were developing at that time.
Nobody thought to add a block pressure gage.

I do not remember any stock radiators failing do to high pressure.  The
problem was that the radiator hoses would blow off or the water pump packing
would
blow out, resulting in DNFs.