fot

mystery noise

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: mystery noise
From: "Richard Taylor" <tarch@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 15:09:18 -0400
After I put in a new clutch and throw-out bearing and put the transmission
back in, I end up with a mystery noise.

When I push the clutch pedal in, it sounds normal. When I put the
transmission in gear and it sounds normal. When I let the clutch out, it
growls with a metal to metal sound until the clutch is fully engaged. Then
the noise goes away. When I drive it around the block, it works just fine

I have taken the Transmission back out and everything looks normal.

The throw-out bearing is correct on the sleeve (convex face to the clutch)
and the brass bushing is behind the flywheel.

Any ideas?

Can it be clutch alignment?

Richard Taylor