fot

Overdrive Oil Pressure

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overdrive Oil Pressure
From: "Geoffrey Byrne" <gkbyrne@optushome.com.au>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:42:24 +1000
Dear FOT advice please
Have just rebulit J type OD from Dolimite Sprint replaced all o rings , new
oil pump both piston and barrell. on my test bench at 40mph in top gear I can
only get 460 psi oil pressure . should be 500 to 550
oil pump relief valve has .065 inch spacer and transfer passage restrictor
bored to .070. Accumulator piston is O ring type
Oil is Castrol 70/90 . filters are spoptless. Have stripped and rebuilt twice
and found no problem
I have rebuilt dozens of ODs and can always determine why oil pressure is low
but this one is a real mystery.
Any ideal guys
Geoff Byrne