fot

Re: Road Atlanta

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Road Atlanta
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 06:29:19 +0026
Larry Young wrote:

> Ok, how about some news from the Mitty?

A little wet, but everybody seemed to have a great time. It was great to
see everybody again.

The Triumphs seemed to suffer LESS than their share of maladies, that is
always a good thing! Not sure about the Dolly Sprint who had the corner
workers running with fire bottles in the feature!

Jeff Snook took home the Kastner Cup with an AMAZING romp through the
field to win his TR/MG group race. Randy Williams took second.

The TR/MG group race for later cars had two MG ringers, the MGB GT-V8's
of Jerry Richards and Les Gonda. They proved unbeatable, but Kas's old
Kastner/Brophy Vitesse did take the third slot on the podium. It needs
to be noted the Vitesse did turn the fastest lap though!

In my opinion, HSR lived up to its reputation. You would never know we
were not racing for big cash prizes. Very aggressive...

Thats all for now, got another days drive in front of me.

Sent from my PDA  -  Sorry about brevity and typos