fot

Re: Uncle Jack racing sighted

To: fpspitfire@insightbb.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Uncle Jack racing sighted
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 05:57:58 -0500
What a delightful surprise to not only have a fellow gas-pumper recognize
the cars, but recognize us as well! Nice to meet you too, Aaron. The drive
from Atlanta to northern Illinois is, uh, long. But not as long as to Iowa,
Oregon, Texas, etc.

Other interesting en-route incidents:

Southern Illinois, cold and blustery, met a couple from Chicago at a rest
stop, driving their MG midget top-down to Atlanta. True Enthusiasts!

At almost every stop, questions like "What is it?"

Better yet, the "Shore is purty" from several rest-stop employees and fun
conversations in motel parking lots. One of the few joys of hauling on an
open trailer is that the rest of the world gets to enjoy it too. One guy
with a huge smile asked what model TR it was, and said when he was in
Germany he had a Morris Minor -- "It shore  would fly but it didn't last
long". My kind of guy.

At 09:15 PM 5/2/2005, fpspitfire@insightbb.com wrote:
>On my way home from work I got an unusual surprise...which is good for a
>boring drive between Decatur and Bloomington.
>
>My eye spied 2 very clean TR4 race cars of none other than Jack and Tony
>Drews.  I needed to get petrol for the focus so I figured I'd stop in.  They
>were on their way out...but I did get to say hi.  I think the Toca Tour MG x-
>power jacket threw him off.
>
>nice to meet you Jack.
>
>aaron
>
>--
>All the best
>Aaron Johnson
>#38 FP Spitfire Mk4 Southern Illinois Region SCCA
>http://home.insightbb.com/~fpspitfire

uncle jack