fot

Re: float bowls on HS6 carbs

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: float bowls on HS6 carbs
From: "Dean Tetterton" <Richtr@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 07:48:21 -0400
Jack;
            I have broken off two float bowls on the HS6. Both times it tore
out the side
of the chamber. One on the front and one on the back. I was also having a
miss at 5600 to
5800 RPM. I determined that it was the harmonics at that RPM causing the
carbs to shake.
The resulting froth in the gas caused the miss.

           I did two things to get rid of the problem. First I added a brace
from the front carb
at the intake, down to two bolts on the oil pan. Then I installed weber soft
mounts under
each HS6. This lets the carbs float on the intake. This was done two years
ago with no
more broken bowls or miss.

      Worked for me;
Dean Tetterton