fot

Group 44 GT-6

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Group 44 GT-6
From: "Lamp, Randy H" <rhlamp@babcock.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 10:14:55 -0400
Good morning. I am trying to authenticate a Triumph GT-6 MKII ,as the
one prepared  by Group 44 in 1969 and which won the E production
national champion ship that year at Daytona.

Does anyone know of a way to trace the manufactures serial number of a
specific car ,to try and find out who the original owner might have
been. The car has had several owners over the years since ,and other
than word of mouth ,I have not been able to figure out how to verify
that it is the real car.

The current owner has some compelling information that suggests it is
the right car and based on that information ,I think it is too , but
before I would purchase it and spend the money and time to restore it, I
want to make certain.

I did have the pleasure of speaking to Mike Downs who was the driver of
the car at Daytona in 1969. He said that if it is the real Group 44 car
,it is the second one that was prepared. The first one was totaled on
the first lap of a race in Ohio.

Thanks very much for any assistance you might be able to provide.

R.Lamp