fot

Re: Mid-Ohio and is anyone camping?

To: CAMERON PUTSCH <putsch.1@osu.edu>
Subject: Re: Mid-Ohio and is anyone camping?
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 11:12:45 -0400
Since Mid-Ohio is my backyard, so to speak.  We service both amateur and
pro races as a vendor.  The decrease in spectator attendance at teh
vintage race reflects the fewer number of cars.  We often hear, from
spectators,  "there don't seem to be as many cars".  This is directly
attributable to HSR/SVRA.  The cars that filled the field a few years
ago were "the little cars" - MG's, TR's, Alfa's, Healey's , etc.  The
sanctioning body has discouraged these cars.  If you speak to them, they
will say the entries are about the same.  But, entries are counted by
how many events a car runs in a week-end.  If you enter the sprint race,
then enter the enduro and then your buddy drives track touring, that is
counted as 3 entries.  Mid-Ohio had a security problem.  That seemed to
have been corrected in the later races last year.  All of us are at
fault to a certain extent.  If we did not let the track know there was
no reason to do anything.  It's one thing to speak amongst ourselves or
write to a  list, but the track doesn't hear it.  Ted

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx@bright.net