fot

Non VTR help needed (distributor)

To: "6 pack digest" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Non VTR help needed (distributor)
From: "Martin Sukey" <mjsukey@eriecoast.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 21:05:11 -0400
Well my Mallory dual point distributor finally arrived today after being
back ordered since February from more than one source. So I go to put that
sucker in tonight and it has me totally confused.  If I look at my stock
distributor when the rotor is pointing directly at the number one cap
terminal the points are closed and are in the center of the flat dwell area
of the distributor cam.  When I take my new distributor and place the rotor
pointing directly at the number one cap terminal the points are fully open
and on the lobe of the distributor cam.  TOTALLY OPOSITE.  I have looked at
this for the last hour thinking that I am missing something and looking at
it backwards but NO THATS REALY THE WAY IT IS.  There is no adjustment. So,
can somebody that knows more about this sort of thing than me explain what
the heck is going on here?

Help me, I want to go autoxing Monday:-)

Marty Sukey