fot

Re: Churchill tools

To: rkramer3@austin.rr.com
Subject: Re: Churchill tools
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 21:32:25 GMT
I have usually been able to tap them far enough out from the carrier to get a
bearing separator tool in there and then pull them off with that, but still
wind damaging the shims sometimes.  Joe(B)

-- "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com> wrote:
The diff spreader can be made at home with some 2" flat stock and 2 high
quality turnbuckles. That is the easy part. Getting the side bearings off
the diff carrier without destroying the bearings is my biggest problem (TR
series). I've taken to grinding in a bigger recess after I get the old ones
off. I suppose heating the bearings might work. Has anybody found an
effective puller for these bad boys?
Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com
Visit http://www.netzero.com/half to sign up today!