fot

Re: Pertronix Ignitor

To: patrickmannion1 <patrickmannion1@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Pertronix Ignitor
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 07:56:35 -0500
I believe the restriction on solid core wire applies to the Pertronix
II, but not the normal Pertronix.  I blew out two Pertronix II units on
my TR3 race car, before I realized the problem.  After replacing the
plug wires, I've had no problems in three years.  I love the Pertronix
units, you can fit them to anything if you're willing to do a custom
installation. We use them a lot for antique Model T distributors for
which points are no longer available.
Larry Young