fot

RE: brake flaring - AN flares?

To: "'Scott Janzen '" <s.janzen@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: brake flaring - AN flares?
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:01:04 -0700
 Yes, you can get a fitting with a crush washer from Pegasus or other
suppliers that do just that.

Or you can compromise and never take that connection apart unless you make a
new flare. The problem is that bubble flares and double flares were made to
work once. Every time you take them apart and put them together again you
are less likely to get a good seal. the AN flares have a different angle and
a ferrule that maintains the integrity of the pipe. The nut rotates around
the ferrule, not around the back of the flare. Bottom line--you can take
them apart and put them back together without leaks or reliability
compromise. And they look trick.