fot

Re: TR-6 Rear Disc Brakes

To: awashatko@wi.rr.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 Rear Disc Brakes
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:45:27 EDT
In a message dated 06/22/2005 7:20:39 AM Central Daylight Time,
awashatko@wi.rr.com writes:

> Subj:TR-6 Rear Disc Brakes
> Date:06/22/2005 7:20:39 AM Central Daylight Time
> From:awashatko@wi.rr.com
> To:fot@autox.team.net
> Sent from the Internet
>

> Would rear disc brakes be legal for a TR-6 in vintage racing (VSCDA)?

Hi Allen:

I'm no TR6 expert, but I say absolutely not.  In vintage racing, your car is
'supposed' to be prepared true to the period it raced in.  VSCDA rules not
withstanding, taking that to the limit (and the fact that they still race TR6s
in
'real racing') you sure can't do anything Midwestern Council and/or SCCA
wouldn't allow.

Have you visited the VSCDA Website?  I think the rules are posted there.  If
you still have questions, Bill Dalton is the Chief of Tech
(bill@daltonstudios.com) for VSCDA, and Jack Woehrle (jwoesvra@aol.com) for
SVRA.

Bill Dentinger