fot

Re: Valve cover gasket>> 101

To: 19to1tr6@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Valve cover gasket>> 101
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 01:16:10 GMT
Rob, not sure if your TR6 valve cover is similar to my TR3 aluminum cover but
it sounds similar.  I glued the cork to the flat gasket surface at the bottom
of the valve cover.  After it dryed in place I put a thin layer of RTV on the
cork and let it dry.  WHen I put the cover onto the head I coat the gasket or
the head with some oil and then assemble it.  The oil allows me to easily
remove the cover when I need to.  I have had the same gasket on the valve cover
for years, with minimal if any leakage.  Joe(B)

-- "rob" <19to1tr6@comcast.net> wrote:
 The new tr-6  motor is leaking oil badly at the valve cover  I am using an
aluminum cover it does not have the grove to accept the cork gasket
 The block has one vent at the old fuel pump mount It's a 3/4" copper elbow
pointed up with a collection can at the old battery mount, position
 I am thinking about another hole or two in the cover ! Getting some thin
gasket material And glue the thing down with permatex  but that makes for a
real mess just to get a check inside    help    thanks   rob
Visit http://www.netzero.com/bestoffer to sign up today!