fot

Hoosier tire wear survey

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Hoosier tire wear survey
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:29:24 -0500
For about eight years, I was getting four race weekends out of my
Hoosier tires, 5.5. x 15 Vintage TD's, on my TR4.

Starting last year, I have been getting two race weekends or less.
That's a heck of a jump in tire wear. Last weekend, on a brand new
set of Hoosiers, i wore one tire down to where it is no longer
useable (and I wasn't that fast, either!)

I am running the same suspension pieces, am running the same lap
times, etc etc.

Question: Has anyone else experienced this kind of tire life reduction?

uncle jack