fot

RE: British Frame & engine Uprated Axles

To: "'Geoffrey Byrne'" <gkbyrne@optushome.com.au>,
Subject: RE: British Frame & engine Uprated Axles
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 07:35:03 -0700
I'm also using this kit and didn't like the thin shims. I haven't had any
problem because I elected not to use them. Instead I used the thickest shim
and dressed the end of the spacer to get the proper clearance. I also
decided to set them up at roughly five thousandths for no particularly good
reason. I like the parts a lot--they solve the problem and make me feel much
more confident in the front wheels staying attached.  At least I assume I'm
using the same kit--I suspect Ken got them from the machinist (forgot his
name) that developed them in the FOT.