fot

RE: PowerTrain Clutch

To: "'Joe Boruch'" <jaboruch@netzero.net>, WEmery7451@aol.com
Subject: RE: PowerTrain Clutch
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 22:09:34 -0700
I'm sure it's feasible to make an aluminum flywheel work. I just consider it
not worth the experimentation when there are steel ones that are almost as
light. For someone making a purchase decision instead of using what they
already have working, it seems like a better choice. I suspect we all know
that aluminum flywheels are more prone to shaking a bolt loose just from
hole elongation and fretting. My first two lose flywheels did little damage,
my third cost me a few thousand bucks.

  _____