fot

Re: Advice Needed - Proper Storage of Fiberglass Molds & Panels

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Advice Needed - Proper Storage of Fiberglass Molds & Panels
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 08:42:41 -0700
BillDentin@aol.com wrote:
> Where and how you keep them is directly related to your domestic horsepower.
> If possible, and they're really critical, you should keep them in the living
> room.

Funny you should mention living room storage.  Back in the mid 80's I
came across a red Ferrari 246GTS in the back of a shop.  The body and
interior were very nice but the engine and gearbox were both in need of
rebuilds.  I could swing the vehicle purchase but not the rebuild.
My plan was to polish it up, build a ramp to the rear deck, have the
sliding glass door assembly temporarily removed and store the 246GTS in
the living room until I had it paid off and money saved for a drive
train rebuild.  That house had a very large living room.

Anyway my loan application required a committee review since it was for
an older non operational car and by the time I had check in hand someone
else got there a couple days earlier with a check.  Two days earlier and
I would have had a complete car stored in my living room.  Probably for
longer that I anticipated.

TeriAnn

Who once hung a TR3A front valence over my bedroom closet door for safe
storage during a rebuild. Safe dry storage is where you find it.  I was
never very good at this sanity thing.