fot

Pneumatic shop lines

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pneumatic shop lines
From: "Bill Bartlett" <billbartlett@WingnutRacing.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:40:22 -0500
== fot at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

Hello Gents,
I would like to run a new pneumatic distribution line through my garage. I
have a two stage 7.5 hp compressor that kicks on at 145 psi and shuts off at
175 psi. The only chart I can get my hands on says I should use 1 1/4 inch
line for the 100 foot length of the garage. The question I have is can I use
plastic PVC schedule 40 pipe? I see most commercial shops  with galvanized
lines, but I have seen some hobbyist garages with PVC. My plumber says the
PVC is rated at over 200psi and will not rust easy to adapt etc.... He says
it is not the pipe that is the concern but rather the fittings which are all
high pressure rated.

Any insight from the group?

Thanks you for your time
Bill