fot

Re: Pneumatic shop lines

To: "Bill Bartlett" <billbartlett@WingnutRacing.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pneumatic shop lines
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl@gt-classics.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:39:30 -0500
== fot at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

At 09:40 PM 11/14/2005 -0500, Bill Bartlett wrote:
>Any insight from the group?

Here's an e-mail I saved from another group that addresses
some of that:

=====================================
From: "Robert Paul" <rpaul@surfree.com>
To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Setting up air lines in the shop
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 23:04:04 -0500
Sender: shop-talk-owner@autox.team.net

Mike,
Thanks for sorting out this address. The diagram makes some very good
suggestions: run headers up high and have drain valves at the bottom of each
drop. Also the idea of cooling the air is a good one.
I looked into piping options a few months ago and came across some stainless
or aluminum tubing and compression fittings to match. In the small sizes,
like 3/4" to 1" range, aluminum has plenty of pressure rating for compressed
air. Stainless is plenty strong, but costs more. Either are better than
black iron (rust) or galvanized (flakes of zinc). Also I've had better
luck sealing joints with compression fittings (not the crap quality fittings
used on toilets) than with screwed pipe. I found the tubing and fittings
in the McMaster-Carr catalog.
http://www.mcmaster.com

Bob