fot

Hallet

To: fot@autox.team.net ('fot@autox.team.net')
Subject: Hallet
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 12:17:16 EST
Amici:

All this talk about who is and isn't eligible to run the HALLET event next
April Fools Week end, made me think when as a VSCDA officer I received a copy
of
the current 'VMC Infraction List as of 11/15/2005.

The list has thirty listings, reflecting input from eight sanctioning bodies.
 It was interesting to me that Corinthian Vintage Auto Racing (CVAR) has the
edge on 'input.'  Nearly 24% of all the listings come from CVAR.  Good for
them!  Sounds like they run a tight ship and are doing what all groups ought to
be doing.

PVGP, RMVR, SVRA, VRG, VSCDA also had multiple listings, but there sure were
a lot of major sanctioning bodies who were missing any listing at all.  I find
it hard to believe these major groups had no incidents involving 'probation
and/or suspensions'.

Those missing input do our hobby a grave disservice by not reporting.  It is
critical that other sanctioning bodies be aware of who has had incidents that
resulted in 'probation or suspension.'  There are some bad apples out there,
who should not be involved in vintage racing, including some who have been
suspended until 2010, 2016, 2020 and 'indefinitely.'

Bill Dentinger