fot

A new racer

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: A new racer
From: "john price" <john-price@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 13:09:15 -0600
One of the members of our local car club, The Brazos Brits, has finally seen
the light and wants to go Vintage Racing, but he's having a hard time finding
a car. Most of what he has seen so far is either junk or is prepared to
current SCCA specs and is more expensive than he can justify considering what
he would have to undo to be vintage legal. He at least understands that buying
a "race-ready" (euphamism) car is a less expensive (relatively) than trying to
convert a street car into a racer. Do any of you know of any cars out there
that would fill the bill? Naturally I am trying to sway him toward a Triumph
since he already owns a TR-3.

John R. Price
Velvet Turtle Racing
College Station, Texas