fot

Re: Misfire in left hand curves

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Misfire in left hand curves
From: "TR4Tony" <tr4.tony@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:00:54 -0000
Hi Jari

I had this with my TR4 and traced it to a small obstruction in the fuel
line, which only became 'mobile' under certain conditions - usually when I
was cornering very severly and just at the point where the tail end wanted
to leap out at me (which it duly did if I lost power) - sounds likely ?. It
is worth blowing out the fuel lines to rule this out.

Also worth checking the fuel filter - a similar obstrcution may occure here.

Lastly I would look at the float mechanism in the carburettors - also worth
a check / clean

Regards

Tony