fot

Re: Fw: 1972 TR-6 Triumph

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: 1972 TR-6 Triumph
From: <sales@crank-scrapers.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:06:52 -0500
[Here's a message also meant for FOT.  mjb]

Hi Rob,

Yes and Chuck Arnold will be shipping us a TR6 pan and pickup for the
patterns.

Michael's comments correspond exactly with my concerns about the 2000 pan
when used with the 2500 crank.  When I measured it and accounted for the
increased stroke it did appear that the rod bolts would likely hit the pan.
However, I can probably make a windage tray to fit this application (2500
crank using a 2000 pan) as long as there is still a bit of clearance from
the rack.  I would simply use a spacer on the pan rail.

Michael, do you know how much room is available? (allowing for some engine
movement, of course)

Rob, the TR6 scraper runs $49.95 plus shipping and I would need to know your
zip code to calculate a total.

If either of you know of someone with a used/bad Triumph 1500 pickup tube
that would be very helpful.  I have the one that goes straight down but
there is another that slants and I would need it for designing a tray.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Ishihara-Johnson Crank Scrapers
http://www.crank-scrapers.com