fot

Re: oil temps

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil temps
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:15:13 GMT
Until last year 200 deg F. was about the max that I was seeing.  My oil temp
gauge broke and I had to replace it and with the new one I have been seeing
220 to 240.  So now I don't know if the 30yr old gauge was bad or if the new
one is the problem.  I have not tried the new one in boiling water, but should
do that while the engine is apart to see if it is the problem.
Water temps stay below 200.  I run 2 oil coolers in series, but have been
reading that they should be in parallel so may be changing that this year.
Last year I was running 13.6 compression ratio.

Joe(B)