fot

RE: [FOT] SA2005 Helmets

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] SA2005 Helmets
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:58:51 -0800
> Buy a helmet in accordance with the value you put on your head.

And all the brothers say "amen".

Helmets are expensive until you compare them to brain injuries.

Here in Hawaii you don't need to wear helmets to ride motorcycles. I see
sportbike riders every day riding with no helmet. I'm no fan of excessive
regulation, I think the rule should be simple and benefit society--if you
don't want to wear a helmet you have to be an organ donor.

Lost two in the last week. One tourist on a rented Harley, one local kid on
a sport bike. I wear a carbon fibre AXO motocross bucket here to go with my
Honda XR650. Sure wish we could get something like that for car racing--it
weighs nothing.

Big difference between no helmet and a SA95 though, and truth be told I
doubt that a slightly dinged helmet will fail when I need it, especially
since I haven't really needed one for at least fifteen years. But if I'm
going to wear the damned things I want to be sure. A new one every ten years
isn't bad--especially the way mine usually smell.