fot

Re: [FOT] TR3/4 rear disc brakes

To: BillDentin@aol.com, triumph_marx@freenet.de, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] TR3/4 rear disc brakes
From: "tr4.tony@virgin.net" <tr4.tony@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 17:29:56 +0000 (UTC)
Hi BillI also believe that the TR3S cars of 1959 were rebodied to become the
TRS cars for the 1960 Le Mans effort. None of the TR3S cars survived beyond
that point. One of the bodies does survive (I believe) and is owned by a
member of the TR Register here in the UK.3 of the TRS's are still your side of
the pond, 2 with Charles Runyon and another with a widowed lady (Im told) -
the 4th car was owned by John Ames here in the UK until fairly recently and
was sold a few years ago to Mike and Arved Otto in Germany who restored the
car and have it running.John also has the Sabrina engined 'Conrero' car
(although not on the road) and I believe that it too has 9 inch girling rear
disc brakes fed from a twin circuit system like the works TR4's (although id
have to check this out for sure) - so rear brakes were definately done by
Triumph on competition cars ( and quite successful apparently), but whether
they were homologated and therefore eligible for historic race use is quite
another matter.Over here they are certainly not allowed on TR3's and TR4's for
rally use and I also believe not for FIA regulated events. Ive tried .......
RegardsTony