fot

RE: [FOT] torquing a Spitfire crank nut

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [FOT] torquing a Spitfire crank nut
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 21:04:41 -0600
Well it appears the majority say to pull the starter and trap the
flywheel.  I was hoping to not have to remove anything but this method is
a darn sight better than removing the engine!

While at Mosport in 2003 we had much the same situation and tried reverse
gear with someone stomping on the brake pedal to no avail.  Some
suggested to put a wrench on the flywheel and I would if the engine and
tranny weren't in the car.  I'm just doing some cam work and didn't want
to pull the entire engine.

Thanks to all who replied, nice to know there is so much help out there
when needed!

Brad