fot

Re: [FOT] More Sabrina twin cam recollections

To: hottr6@hotmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] More Sabrina twin cam recollections
From: "tr4.tony@virgin.net" <tr4.tony@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:03:43 +0000 (UTC)
Most Triumphant Amici ......As I understand it the sabrina engined TR3S cars
had a longer chassis in the engine bay region (and therefore longer bonnets /
front wings (fenders to you guys!) etc. to accommodate the extra 6 or so
inches length of the twin cam engine. So they were a little longer.What
happened to this car ????much excitement here ! lead me to it please guys
!There is reputed to be a body of one of these cars still in the UK, pulled
from the scrapheap at the factory and I know a man who has between 3 and 5
twin cam engines in various states of repair (1st, 2nd and 3rd series) - I
believe the TR3s has the first series twin cam engines in - dont ask me what
the differences are because I just dont know at all!) - and I know the guy who
has the zoom prototype over here also (but this has a 4 cyl TR4 engine in it
and was only reputed to have a twin cam in for a short while - probably for a
quick test and some pictures maybe ????)I did here that the only TRS on the
road in Germany took a lot of effort to get running and road / race worthy. A
lot of re engineering went on and lots and lots of money spent - I can well
believe from this that an early twin cam might have been a lot of trouble
........ who knows!Great story and mega of one of these cars survived - bet I
could rally it !RegardsTony