fot

[FOT] IOWA 1800 or 2000 Racing TRIUMPH ROADSTER

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] IOWA 1800 or 2000 Racing TRIUMPH ROADSTER
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:28:27 EST
Amici:

Recall a few weeks back people were talking about a TRIUMPH 1800 or 2000
ROADSTER with a Cadillac engine racing in an early airport race in IOWA.  I
said I
would seek info from the 'Duke of Dubuque', Bob Woodward.  Bob is a long time
vintage racing friend of mine.  I sent him an email, but never heard back.
Well today I got a post card from him.  He is racing his LOTUS 21 at Cape Town
and other tracks in South Africa.  Ah yes, we all live on different streets.
Bob says he has no recollection of the CAD powered roadster, probably because
he didn't start racing until 1959 (at Greenwood, south of Des Moines).  He
missed the 'airport stuff'.  He says he won the inaugural single seater race at
Greenwood.

Boy....Cape Town, South Africa...that's a long tow.

Bill (Damdinger)