fot

[FOT] AP Aluminum Calipers

To: "'fot@autox.team.net '" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] AP Aluminum Calipers
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:44:16 -0800
 I notice in the latest copy of Octane that AP is once again making their
aluminum calipers that look like they will fit right onto our cars. They
look identical to the ones I have on Peyote, which came from a spares cache
for an old (1964) F1 car (I don't know which one it was) and which cost me a
great deal of money even before I had all kinds of reconditioning work done
to them. I didn't see a price for these new ones, but I bet they'll be a
bargain compared to NOS F1 parts.

If anyone is considering new brakes (especially trying to get by with tilton
superlights) I'd suggest a copy of Octane (good magazine anyway) and a bit
of research. These would be legal in any sanctioning body I can think of
(for example, the very strict but fair Steve Ferron who heads tech for
General Racing thinks they're just ducky) work great on Peyote, and are
feather light compared to the Girling boat anchor calipers. I get pads for
them from Porterfield in both Performance Friction and Hawk guises--and I
know Ferodo has a stock number for them.