fot

[FOT] Never be beaten by equipment

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Never be beaten by equipment
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 11:28:14 EDT
Amici,
I think the Hallett FOT exemplified what Kas means in his famous quote.
Despite a lot of equipment trials, very few of us were actually beaten by our
cars.  There was some pretty inspired wrenching going on all weekend.
As an aside my failure Thursday was a result of the wide MGB rod bearings
riding on the crank journal radii.  Very ironic since I bought standard
bearings
as well but selected the MGB set for the extra .001 clearance they provided.
Oh well, act in haste, repent at leisure...

And Kas, Peggy, Thanx immensely for your hospitality Saturday night.  So
thoughtful.

Steve Smith