fot

RE: [FOT] Hallett

To: "'john price'" <john-price@verizon.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Hallett
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 15:37:37 -0400
John,

I'm sorry you got that impression of the group. I have always gotten help
because I proactively asked for it.

When we talked about your diff problem I DID offer to let you use my spare
diff but I understand that you couldn't pull it out the bottom like you can
on a TR6. At that time you didn't mention that you had transmission problems
so I had no idea. Even though I had my own problems to deal with; if you
would has asked me I would have been more than glad to help or at least find
some one to help you. There were a lot of people there who didn't get to
bring their racecars and would have been more than happy to help you rather
than sit on their hands.

The main reason I give up time, so much money and travel so far to go race
with these guys is because in the past when I needed their help there was an
overwhelming amount offered. I just hope there is an event in the future
where I can spend more time working on other folk's cars and racing than
working on my own car.

I did come by to drool over your car but you weren't there. Thursday or
Friday evening I think. It is my dream to have a TVR one day.

Kas' party was announced over the loud speaker but alas, I was changing a
head gasket and had to watch the fun from afar. :(

I for one am sorry for not offering more help than I did. I would have been
happy to give up my 4 hours of sleep to help you Sunday morning, had I
known.

Mike Munson
Puffy Tiger Racing Team
Lilburn GA.