fot

[FOT] Musings on a future FOT event

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Musings on a future FOT event
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 00:24:06 -0600
So I'm sitting here trying to relax a bit, thinking about what I need to
get done before the next IVR event at Wendover, wondering what it would be
like to have a running race car again.  And also wondering what it would
be like running on the new track in Tooele ( two will ah )

Which got me to thinking.  For an IVR event at Miller Motorsports Park
it would take a minimum of 20 grand up front, and that would be
running on only one of the 2+ mile East or West tracks.  Simple math has
50 drivers at $400 each covering the basic bills.  75 at $300 would be
better.

What would it take to have 50 FOT drivers show up in Utah sometime in
2007 or 2008 to rent the track and run our own race?  No gripes about
the sanctioning body - as the comic character Pogo quipped "We have met
the enemy and he is us"  [ Like I can remember the exact words from
that far back! ]  Could our disorganisation possibly organise such
a spectacle?

Discuss amongst yourselves.

mjb.

ps: Kas may have run a race or two in Utah once upon a time, and oddly
    enough at an airport - much like we do at Wendover.

pps: http://www.millermotorsportspark.com