fot

[FOT] Blackhawk SCCA National

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Blackhawk SCCA National
From: fpspitfire@insightbb.com
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 00:21:30 +0000
Just a quick post.

The weekend was great for racing...horrible for weather.

A big thanks go out to Tom Strange, Jerry Barr, Steve & Andrew Benford.  I
don't think i would have run this weekend without their help

Spent saturday morning fixing the exhaust after I ripped it off putting the
car on the trailer...(you should always check this when lowering the car more).

Practise was good, and in the rain.  1:49.8 was best time, first time at the
track and in the rain.  HP pole was 1.42 and change.

Todays race was a tweener, rains weren't the right choice and apparently
neither were slicks.  It never really got dry enough for them.  I think only 5
of the 20 car field went out on slicks.  1 DNF, and myself who spun 3 times.
The decision to go to slicks came with about 15 minutes before the race, Tom,
Jerry and Steve got the tyres changed in remarkable time!

The car is still in one piece (I think), but has a lot of grass pickup and
some dirt!

Thanks again guys...all in all it was a good weekend!

--
All the best
Aaron Johnson
#87 HP Spitfire 1500