fot

[FOT] Re:Help on CR TR4 Tranny---popping out of 3rd gear

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Re:Help on CR TR4 Tranny---popping out of 3rd gear
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 00:21:41 EDT
Joe,

In addition to the things already mentioned by the FOT, most of the  later CR
gearsets need the very late TR6 synchro hubs (the tapered dog  ones).  I use
the earlier springs with these, and simply press the  hub by hand on a
bathroom scale to measure the release force.

You should also check the installed top cover springs (fishing scale)  and
check for shifter fork wear or damage, including loose wedglocks.

You may have broken the synchro cone.

The front mainshaft "C" clip may have popped.

  Hardy