fot

Re: [FOT] Nice place

To: BillB@bnj.com
Subject: Re: [FOT] Nice place
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 13:47:01 -0600
I had the perfect opportunity to show the world just how 'GREEN' a crowd
we racers really are. Last Earth Day, RMVR had an event in La Junta. Two
of our Flagging & Communications people arrived in hybrid Hondas. I
wanted to get a picture of them with their Eco-Friendly rides preparing
aluminum cans for recycling.

I have also been known to remark to people who complain that we make
noise that we are part of "The Church of the Divine Radial Ply Tyre" and
when we worship, "we make a joyful noise".
They tried to make a zone, 2 mile radius, from the Mead track that was
limited to 50dBa. Interstate 25 is essentially the western boundary. It
is louder than that at 3 o'clock in the morning. Children at play far
exceed that standard.
Bill