fot

[FOT] spitfire head

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] spitfire head
From: dale oesterle <dale.oesterle@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 01:10:29 -0700 (PDT)
Folks:  At Road American my newly prepared, head (stamped 218139) for an early
1300 spitfire failed.  It lasted four laps and then I blew a dime sized hole in
the number three combustion chamber.  Apparently the casting was bad and the
milling thin-walled the non-domed part of the chamber. Does any have a prepared
head they would like to sell?  Or does anyone know of someone who can prepare a
new head (milled, ported, larger APT valves) on short notice? I would like to
make Mid-Ohio by Aug. 16th. Dale #104